From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
An Inquiry into the Dynamics of Elections, Gas Deals, and Assassinations in Jordan - A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Reem Al-Masri and Omar Atout
In this interview conducted by Ziad Abu-Rish for Status/الوضع, Reem Al-Masri and Omar Atout give a critical assessment of the current situation in Jordan. The interview was conducted in Arabic on September 29, 2016.
Reem Al-Masri is a writer and researcher at 7iber. Her research focuses on the structural, legislative, and technical dynamics of the communications sector, and the their effects on freedom of expression, assembly, and privacy. In addition, Al-Masri produced a number of resources on the most recent Jordanian election law for 7iber, inlcuding curating its satirical blog titled "The Democratic Wedding." She holds an MA in Culture, Communication, and Technology with a Certificate in Arab Studies from Georgetown University in Washington DC.
Omar Atout is a lawyer, constitutional expert, and political activist. He is a founding member of the Arab Association for Constitutional Law, and writes on issues of political reform in Jordan on his personal blog and various media outlets. He has been a member of Jordan’s Bar Association since 1989.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO ARAB STUDIES JOURNAL
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"State violence—both structural and political—has been a staple feature of Egypt’s neoliberal governance, under both Mubarak and Morsi, and now under the military-controlled government. In its complicity, the United States has contributed to the structural obstacles Egyptians face in achieving the aims of the revolution."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- قصائد للشاعر أمبرتو سابا، المجلد الاول
- Critical Currents in Islam Media Roundup (March 6 - March 19)
- Maghreb Media Roundup (March 23)
- واقع الزراعة في فلسطين: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع فؤاد أبو سيف
- Yemen's War [Ongoing Post]
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (March 22)
- Media on Media Roundup (March 21)
- Joint Statement Regarding the anti-Semitic, anti-Black, anti-Arab and anti-Muslim Posters on UIC’s Campus
- Egypt Media Roundup (March 20)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 13-19)
- Jadaliyya Monthly Edition (February 2017)
- New Texts Out Now: Karine Walther, Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- Palestine Media Roundup (March 19)
- مختارات من الصحافة العربية 17 آذار
- المنظمات الأهلية الفلسطينية: مقابلة لمجلة الوضع مع طارق دعنا
- Text of Resignation Letter by ESCWA Executive Secretary Rima Khalaf
- MESA Membership Passes Bylaw Amendment Removing 'Non-Political' Clause and Affirming 501(c)3 Status
- UN Report Establishes Israeli Apartheid; Fallout Begins
- Between Slow and Sudden Death in Turkey
- Call for Action: Solidarity with Purged Academics for Peace in Turkey